Friday, April 16, 2010
Appointments, appointments, appointments
In his 22 days of life so far, Jaron has had 8 doctors appointments. I have 8 more scheduled over the next several weeks. And when you have special needs, I have noticed, appointments are not just your typical 20 minutes. I will never again take for granted a normal OB or pediatrician's appointment! Ever since we found out Jaron had enlarged ventricles in his brain during a routine OB ultrasound at 24 weeks, we have averaged about 2 hours per appointment! Sometimes up to 5 hours have been spent in a doctor's office. So today was no different. It was a physical therapy appointment that turned into a feeding evaluation with a developmental pediatrician who just happened to be in the office (the day before her 2 week vacation to Italy). My friend, (a PT in the clinic) whispered to me on our way out that this doc is scheduled 6 months out! Its a miracle she was there and could see us and she was very proactive. So our 9 a.m. appointment lasted until 1 p.m. Brian had to leave to get to work by noon, Danielle graciously came to pick up Jaron and I, and Christy was so awesome to stay with the kids at home and help them get their rooms clean! Basically, my little man is not gaining weight like they would like to see, so I will pump and add powdered formula to get him some extra calories. This required a feeding eval, a special "Pigeon" bottle (all the writing is in Japanese and they had to bill my insurance), a call to the pediatrician, a scooper from the NICU, precise calculations and confirmation from the Nutritionist. Whew! Now we're home and dinner just arrived from our friends, what a blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I found your story and attend Solid Rock as well. I will be praying for your family, what a beautiful family you have!
Post a Comment