I guess my dad was wondering why I haven't posted lately. Just for the record, Dad, I've been twiddling my thumbs! So this one's for you :) We started 1st grade with Lukas this week. We decided to do Sonlight again. We loved it for Kindergarten and felt it was the choice God had led us to before and unless He showed us we needed to change, then we'd stick with it. Because of the rollercoaster with Jaron, we considered all possible school options again. Many will think I'm crazy but there were 2 major components that made sense to us in regards to Jaron. Since we have decided for now that we do not want to go the public school route, I would have to drive him to and from a private school every day. My head hurts just thinking about the logistics with doctor's appointments too. Also, this protects Jaron from the multiple illnesses that school children are exposed to daily. There are so many other reasons and we are happy with our decision. A friend from church had the Sonlight Grade 1 curriculum and was willing to let us borrow it. "Thank you, Tiffany!" So, school is free this year, it will require approximately 1 1/2 hours, 4 days a week, no transportation, no sack lunches, and I would want to commit that much quality time to Lukas and each of the kids anyways. We all win!
Lukas decided ahead of time that he wanted to wear his fatigues and hold his bible for his First Day of School picture. He has been putting on the Armor of God every night before bed (works wonders for a peaceful night sleep). He always calls it "Galations 6" instead of "Ephesians 6" :) He's my faithful little soldier for the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment