Thursday, January 19, 2012

Every boy needs Superman pajamas

Jaron got Superman jammies for Christmas from my family, complete with a little red cape!  I remember when my little brother, Josh, had his Superman jammies!  He wore those things thin.

I LOVE to see my littlest man in his!  It's a bittersweet feeling though.  I really wish he could just sit up, hop off my lap and go running down the long hallway, cape floating along behind him.  I'm sure he would squeal with delight at chasing his big brother!  Lately I've felt sad that the kids can't play with Jaron like they can play with their little cousins.  They can show him toys, kiss his hands, and cuddle on the couch but they can't roll around on the floor, chase him around the house, tickle and giggle, talk about things, teach new words, practice somersaults, hide in the lion cave (our little play space under the stairs) with a flashlight...  All the fun things they get to do with their 1-3 year old cousins.  I guess it's just another thing I need to spend some time mourning and then move on.  I'm learning.  No need to feel sorry for me.  There are plenty of things I can be thankful for that typical 1-3 year olds don't do and Jaron does.  Who else gets to snuggle in the chair for hours with their adorable Superman?!  Don't be jealous!

Ultimately, I am looking forward, with more anticipation than I can express, to the day I see my littlest boy in heaven!  Wow, what a reunion that will be!  And maybe, just maybe he will get to wear his Superman jammies and come running, cape floating along behind, right for his Mommy!

No comments: