We are doing well! It's been a season of traveling that we never would have expected but are very thankful for. In September Brian and I, joined by his sister and bro-in-law, parent's and grandparent's, cruised majestic Alaska! Unforgettable! Dream come true! Saw the glaciers, bald eagles, a brown bear swimming, White Pass Railroad, world's best yodeler, mountains, trees, water and clouds like never before even in our beautiful Pacific Northwest!
| Glacier Bay, Alaska |
Then, in October we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, beachside in Maui! I told Brian, just send for our kids and I'd stay forever in Hana! A-MAZING!!! It was like the garden of Eden. We snorkeled, surfed, kayaked, zip-lined, swam with turtles and under waterfalls, luau-ed, and slept thru the night 10 nights in a row-MIRACULOUS!
| North Shore, Maui |
And I just returned from a whirlwind tour of New York City with 16 crazy ladies (Brian's mom, sister, aunt's and cousins). A dream trip for Auntie V's 60th birthday, I was much obliged to join in the celebration! We saw the Statue of Liberty, Wicked and Annie on Broadway, 9/11 memorial, Brooklyn Tabernacle, Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park in the snow... I have officially eaten my way through Alaska, Maui and New York. Food will never be the same!
The kids are doing great, wondering when they get to travel the world! I'm shocked and grateful to be 24 weeks through school, still loving Sonlight. Lukas has become a little bookworm and I never cease to be amazed by Haylee's creativity and Hannah's nurturing devotion to Jaron. I LOVE my kids! Hannah just finished her first experience with Ballet. I think this will be a well-suited passion for our little Princess Pea. Haylee and Lukas are in their second season of Kid's Choir. Lukas has one of the main speaking parts for the Spring Program and is a natural performer. Haylee has a solo that is so sweet, and she is so excited! She definitely comes from a family of singers, on both sides.
They each picked a theme for their bedrooms and we've been working hard to make each of their spaces unique and special for them. Lukas chose eagles (like his Great Grandpa Albaugh) and sports. Brian is working on an eagle's nest bed. You can't even imagine... I'll have to take pictures when it's all done! Haylee chose a beach theme and has lots of our Hawaii pictures framed on her walls and seashells on white shelves. Hannah is obsessed with flowers and she has an overwhelming amount of floral decor in her bright purple bedroom.
Jaron is having a rush of appointments again and transitioning into 3-5 year old Early Childhood Special Education. I believe the plan will be to homeschool him this year and we'll see about next year. At this point, with his brother and sisters at home, it is wisest to keep him away from exposure to sick toddlers and keep him entertained by the play, toys, music and action at home. I cannot believe his 3rd birthday is only 7 days away!!! Our little man is such a huge source of joy and I just can't imagine life without him! It's still like having a 3 month old baby in the house. On good days, he coos and smiles and occasionally sleeps through the night. Arching and stiffness have been his position of choice and after trying so many things, a Shriner's doctor told me it's probably acid reflux. So simple, yet more Prilosec has made a much more relaxed and bendable boy. His seizures were out of control 2 weeks ago, but after just 2 doses of Ativan, that made him sleep, he is very alert and happy (see video)!
Glad I could catch up, hopefully it won't take 9 months next time!
1 comment:
Monica, it is so good to hear from you. I think of you all often and pray that God is blessing you. I was delighted to see how big all of the kids have grown. We are still in Peru, and I check your blog regularly to see how everything is going. It sure sounds like you have had a lot of fun traveling these past months. That's great! God bless you!
Kristen Vega
Post a Comment