Saturday, July 6, 2013

Crushed

Because sometimes the weight of the world feels like too much...


 Worn by Tenth Avenue North   (Listen to this one, you might be reduced to a heap of tears like I am)

When your dear friends call with devastating news...

Her beautiful, blond 3 year old son has Muscular Dystrophy
Their newborn baby boy has Cystic Fibrosis
She's 3 and just had a bone marrow transplant, will she beat the cancer now?
The family is still so broken from the loss of a son, brother, husband, Daddy.  Its been 5 years, will they ever heal and live again?
The same day a young Mom loses her life to brain cancer, a young Dad returns to his home surviving brain surgery to remove a tumor.
She's had the double mastectomy and the fight rages on.
She's been in the hospital over a month fighting the disease again, and again her husband and 4 children wait at home.

These aren't news headlines. 
They are the tears I've heard over my phone, from my dearest friends.
Loved ones I've prayed for and weeped with just in the last few months.

We are yearning for hope

I'm clinging to the good, remember?

"Life change comes when we receive life with thanks and ask for nothing to change." Ann Voskamp

When you're crushed by waves of hopelessness...

Look for the gifts 

Seek out the Light amidst the darkness  

Because in oceans deep my faith will stand...    Oceans by Hillsong   (Just BEAUTIFUL)


I am desperate for hope and so I've begun a Thankful Journal for Jaron.  Because when you feel crushed, you have to ground yourself with the LOVE OF JESUS!  

He's our ONLY HOPE

So, Jaron says, "I'm thankful for..."

1. My family
2. My Mama taking care of me
3. Hannah shaking me around
4. Daddy coming to find me after work
5. Lukas reading me books
6. Haylee holding me standing up
7. My new glasses to see better with
8. Auntie Lissa giving me kisses and holding me till my cheeks turn pink
9. Great Grandma Creamer rubbing my legs and arms softly and quietly telling me stories
10. Seeing the world from my wheelchair
11. Vickie and Syd, my vision and hearing teachers bringing me fun new toys to see
12. Snuggles in the rocking chair every day
13. Being bounced on the bed by the big kids
14. When you shake my legs like crazy to make me smile
15. Nice people who say "Hi" to me
16. Being sung to in the hospital by a guy and his ukulele, "Count On Me" by Bruno Mars
17. All the doctor's around me in yellow gowns and masks, I can smile at them and they smile back
18. When people talk about how sweet I am, I like to "talk" back to them
19. My big brother and sisters always around to watch and play with me, I'm sure glad they are homeschooled
20. Taking a walk outside
21. Hannah riding on the foot rest of my wheelchair
22. A comfortable bed
23. Haylee and Hannah spiking my hair like Lukas
24. Comfy clothes
25. Red things to look at
26. Swimming in the bathtub with Hannah, it's so fun!
27. My pillow
28. Hearing aids to hear people
29. The suction to help me breathe, even though I don't like when Mommy uses it
30. Lots of kisses from Haylee
31. Good night hugs, kisses, snuggles, and wiggles from Lukas, Haylee and Hannah
32. When people get really close and talk to me and wait patiently for me to talk too
33. When my big brother and sisters come to my doctor's appointments with me
34. A baby in Mama's tummy, I'm so excited to be a big brother!
35. Rolling on the floor with Daddy
36. Watching and listening to the dance recital for Auntie Staci
37. Hannah chewing carefully on my fingers, it tickles
38. My sister's putting the superman cape on me and helping me fly
39. Oxygen when it gets really hard to breathe
40. Doctor's who can help me get better
41. Carrie telling Mom new foods to feed me so I can taste new things
42. Playing with my Early Intervention teachers today, I thought they were funny
43. Kelly even brought bells, I loved the higher one
44. Playing with my switch toys
45. Taking a really cozy nap with Auntie Lissa, it was way better than running errands with the family
46. Getting out of my wheelchair when I've been riding a long time
47. Hannah helping get my food and medicine ready
48. My new Timbers shirt from Daddy and Lukas, it looks like I'm running and kicking a ball
49. Not having seizures, I'm so much happier!
50. My friends with MDS, like Daron
51. Hanny snuggling with me when she gets an owie, I can help her feel better
52. Riding over bumps in the sidewalk at the Rose Gardens, big smiles!
53. A picnic in the rain with my family
54. I got a haircut
55. My little Lamb that makes sounds when I go to sleep
56. My Jaron Matthew song
57. Lukas singing to me when I couldn't stop crying in bed
58. My Mom or sisters singing and praying with me at night
59. Laying on Dad's lap while he watched a loud movie, I just looked at him and told him stories the whole time
60. My big brother always opening the ramp so I can get in the van
61. Swinging in my swing in the backyard with my family, feeding tube, oxygen and all
62. Tummy time on Mommy in the rocking chair, my favorite part of the day



Jesus "has never failed and He won't start now" from Oceans

2 comments:

Daniele said...

very well said. I love you :)

Penny said...

You have an amazing way with words. I think of you and pray often for all that you meet head on with your pilot Jesus in control on a daily basis. You are greatly loved by many, the least of which is your immediate family. May the many lives you touch feel the light and warmth of our Savior in each communication.