Wow! So Jaron got his hearing aids, just in the nick of time. We met with the audiologist on December 28th and our insurance changed as of January 1st. The aids have definitely opened up a new world for him. He is being much more vocal and for that we are SO thankful! The other night he had slept all day and woke around 9 p.m. and he started "talking"! I tried to put him in bed at 11 but he was just jabbering away so I got up and "played" till 1 a.m. I couldn't resist! I took several videos and pictures and just ate it up!
We are thick in the controversial ketogenic diet battle. I had no idea. I will spare all the details but if you are checking in with us, please pray. I am clinging to verses I have hidden in my heart. As I drove home from the neurologist's appointment last week I cried out to the Lord and said "Whom have I in heaven but you?" and "You alone are God." He is my stronghold, my comfort, my helper, my light... Whom shall I fear, of whom shall I be afraid? We must wait for the Lord. There are multiple doctors, nurses, dietitians, social workers, regional education workers, medical board members involved in this conversation/decision about how and who will implement this diet for Jaron. I have discovered a new personal determination out of desperation for the well-being of my child. My goal is to give the best possible care to Jaron so that he can have the abundant life God created him for!
2 comments:
Here is what I know to be true:
I have seen doctors give parents completely hopeless and quite frankly useless information such as "Your child will never walk" or "Your child will only progress to such and such age developmentally." But I have seen children blow throw those predictions! Are they disabled? Yes. But doctors are only human and have no way of truly knowing solid predictions about their futures. Disabled or not, we are all created in God's image and we all bear his name. Sometimes, I imagine my students when we all get to heaven with perfect bodies. I can't wait to talk to them about what it was like. I know your little one will walk up to you, throw his arms around you and thank you for all the sacrifices you made for him. In the meantime, you are doing the right thing. Everything you are doing will help him. He can improve and he will. We have no way of knowing what God has in store for us. Our family is praying for your family. Please know that you are loved.
Praying for you!!
Post a Comment