Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Snug as a bug

I always wanted a cuddly baby, I finally got him!  My mom used to tell me her boys were all cuddler's, so when Lukas was super independent and busy I was surprised.  He had places to go and people to meet, he is so extroverted!  The girl's were both similarly independent and very friendly.  My kid's have never once been called "shy."  They will talk to strangers anywhere.  One example...  About a year ago we rode the MAX (light rail) into "the city" to see a Beaver's baseball game.  On our way home, there was the usual night crowd.  You know, teenagers with their headphones in, all types of tattoos and piercings, big black hoodies, an attitude that says "Don't look at me or talk to me".  Enough to intimidate most adults.  But not my trusting and innocent crew.  They immediately were asking these guys names, who were in turn lying to them (giving fake names), and then being reprimanded by their buddies (for lying to a kid!)  Soon my little cuties had the whole car laughing and talking.   And my 2 and 3 year old girls were swinging on their knees and Lukas was telling jokes. The kid's loved the guy who was talking to them like a duck.  I'm pretty sure we knew everyone's REAL names, some middle names too, by the time we got off.  It was great!


Haylee, Hannah and Lukas at a Burgerville where Lukas told each passerby about his Basketball stats.
NOW, I've got my little snuggle bug!  Every night after all the big kid's are in bed, I settle in my recliner with a thick, cozy blanket and my baby boy.  He did not like to be touched much in the beginning but he did like to be held tight and rocked really fast.  Jaron gets to be a baby for a lot longer.  I don't think many almost 1 year olds like to be held for hours.  But he is oh so snugly.  This is the only time he really gets "tummy time" because he cannot ever be unsupervised on his tummy or he would suffocate, since he can't move his head without help.  And when we are with him and put him on his tummy on the floor he gets upset because of the firm carpet and his hard tube that is in the middle of his belly.  So when he can lay on someone's chest, he tolerates his "tummy time" much better.  Needless to say, we have spent many, many, many hours snuggling in the rocking chair.  I can't say that about the first 3 busy bodies.

I guess I got the best of both worlds, and I'm loving it!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Monica, you were born to be a mommy! You are such a blessing to us all. Papa Lee

Zellner Family said...

Monica thank you for your messages. Just when I think I am at my whits end I think about evey=rything you guys have and are going through.

Monica said...

Becky, I'm amazed how God uses each of our difficult experiences to bring courage and peace to others! I have had many godly examples show me what it's like to walk through hard things with grace and complete trust in the Lord. And their testimonies have shown me again and again that God is faithful! I pray the Lord shows up in awesome ways in your life!