Monday, June 6, 2011

Dear Sweet Jesus,
My heart is aching.  I've just read a post from another mom of a Miller-Dieker baby, Zachary, who is now in Your arms.  My heart is broken.  Lord, above all, give that family peace and strength as they lean into You through their pain.  I'm confident that You are now closer to them than ever, wrapping Your loving arms around them as they grieve with empty arms.  He was only with them 10 short months and they showed more faith and courage than most people ever have to in a lifetime.  Thank you for their testimony to me as they have shared of Your greatness on this long, cut short, journey.

I praise you for every moment I am blessed with my baby boy.  For every tube, medication, treatment, appointment, supply...  Everything that seems such a burden now, may I see them as a gift of life.  Thank You for each of the children I hold in my arms today.  Their lives are a miracle.  A precious gift from You.
You are good and Your love endures forever.
Amen

1 comment:

Larry Lewien said...

Monica, my heart is aching with you, and my faith is rejoicing with your faith.