Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jaron's eyes seem to be fine so far.  The ophthalmologist wants to see him again in 6 months.  She said its hard to tell for sure at his age but the optic nerve looks good and she thinks he is showing signs of vision.  She thought he may have trouble focusing so we can try to stimulate his vision with flashy, bright-colored or light-up toys.  This would be especially necessary since he is not hearing well.  We don't really have any light up toys,  I will have to start collecting them...  Maybe Early Intervention will have some ideas.  I saw on a site about lissencephaly they suggested those colorful disco balls that project bright lights on the wall.  Wonder where I can find one of those.  Anyone have any suggestions, let me know.

Also, if you are reading this on or close to today's date, PLEASE PRAY for Jaron not to get too sick.  He has a stuffy nose now and I really don't want it to hinder his ability to eat.  He is up to a whopping 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches long!  He has come a long way from his birth weight of 6 lbs 5 oz, almost 7 weeks ago.  And it took a lot of bobbling up and down, so this is great progress!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Monica we actually have a disco ball if you want to borrow it. The kids bought it when they did our 25th anniversary party. So let me know.
aunt sandy

Emily said...

Looks like you might already have a free option, but if you need to buy a disco ball, there were quite a few options on Amazon.com when I just checked. I can't think of where I've seen them in stores...maybe a party store?