Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Other Prince Charming




Lukas went to work with Daddy a few weeks ago and I think he turned into a man that day!!!! He has gone to work with Brian before but he had just turned 5 and his great grandparents gave him a wallet with $3 in it and a picture of himself at 2 and some band aids. Best present for a 5 year old boy by the way! So he had $ to spend. First Lukas offered to buy Brian lunch but the good husband/father that he is Bri suggested he save it and take Mommy on a date sometime. Lest we forget he is 5 and assume he may wait awhile, such is not the case. They made a trip to Costco to buy movie tickets and Lukas saw RINGS! Of course he loved the $300 sparkly one and thought Mommy had to have it. Brian talked him down to a sterling silver $25 ring that is very pretty! He called me and announced he was taking me on a date, tonight! I asked if I should dress up and he said, yes. He and Brian came home with the ring safely disguised in his McDonald's Happy Meal bag. He even told me "Its my toy in here mom." The guys went upstairs to get ready and he came down showered and wearing brown courds and a button-down shirt (he picked his own outfit) and then my handsome date presented the gift. He was so excited I sat on the stairs to open it. Then we were off to Red Robin. He opened doors for me (Brian says he didn't even tell him to do that) and even had $40 cash stuffed in his wallet to pay for our dinner! It was a priceless evening! Then we headed to see that guinea pig movie "G Force" I have to say my heart felt like it was just going to explode the whole night! I am so proud of my sweet little man!