Monday, October 19, 2009

Pooka holding the baby


So we haven't properly introduced our pet.  First I must mention, neither Brian or I are "pet people."  Over the course of our 7 years of marriage we have had fish, finches (a gift for Lukas b-day from my parents), a parakeet named Sonny, a tree frog from our backyard (that lasted 2 days because we didn't know what to feed it, but it was fun to look at.)  I think that's it.  So one day 2 years ago I was at my parent's house...  They have the opposite problem, they LOVE animals and have no shortage of them!  They had this new kitten which looks like a siamese but from all my "expert" research I think it is a Tonkonese (sp?) which is a mix between Burmese and Siamese.  Anyways, she is a beautiful kitty and she had me with those bright blue eyes and grey/brown fur.  I've ALWAYS wanted a blue-eyed baby and I don't believe I am capable of making one (well that's God's department, and He is completely capable!)  So we'll see...  But I got my blue-eyed kitty in November 2006.  Hannah was 6 months old, so they were babies together.  Lukas named her Pooka.  I have no idea where he came up with the name but he was determined.  We made lots of suggestions but he was adamant, he liked the name Pooka!  My favorite Pooka days were when I was nursing Hannah and she perched herself right on top of her every time.  Hannah didn't mind but she pulled her fur a lot which Pooka always put up with (but ONLY from Hannah, to this day!)  She is kind of a feisty cat sometimes.  She doesn't necessarily enjoy being held.  So if cat-lovers come over she would rather be left alone to choose who or if she wants to cuddle not be petted and held, especially by young people.  She has scratched and she has quite a speed and intensity when she wants to get away.  Anyways, we like her even though if you asked us we'd say we don't like cats!  Whatever...

But yesterday, I was reclining in my chair and she was on my lap with her paws wrapped around me, she looked like she was holding the baby in my belly!  It was so cute! I think she likes babies!  And the other picture is the day we got her, isn't she cute?

No comments: